Fashion fans are in for a treat: the Denver Art Museum has just opened its Yves Saint Laurent retrospective, which will be on display until July 8, 2012. Denver is the only US stop for this international tour, so hardcore American fans of the designer might have to schedule their summer vacation accordingly this year.
The retrospective follows Saint Laurent’s career for over 4 decades, including not only hundreds of garments, but also photographs, drawings, and films to illustrate the evolution of his style and the historical foundations of his work.
The museum is also hosting a variety of events during the exhibition. Here’s a taste of what what’s in store:
- Best Spring Break Ever: Design Days - March 24-April 1 – Family-friendly activities including fabric creation, dress-up, and working in a fashion studio.
- Weekend Demonstrations in Fashion Studio - March 25–September 2 – A fashion designer explores the secrets of fashion design with visitors.
- Untitled #45 (Haute) - March 30, 6 pm - Fashion show, on-site interior design consultations, hands-on haute couture skills workshop, a theatrical performance by Buntport Theater, local music, refreshments, and more.
- Yves Saint Laurent Pairings - May 2012 - On Tuesday nights in may, museum staff from the architecture, design, and graphics departments will team up with local experts to deliver a one-of-a-kind in-gallery experience.
- Palettes, the museum restaurant, will be offering a French-themed menu for visitors during the exhibition.
Tickets are on sale now: $22 for the general public, $18 for students and seniors, and $14 for members. You can find out more and order tickets online at the DAM website.