Rich in German and Polish American culture and traditions, Milwaukee is one of the Midwest’s largest and most lively cities. Despite being home to almost one million residents, the city hass a cozy, hometown feel. But it also boasts a remarkably dense concentration of fine art, dance and musical institutions, and the Milwaukee Rep (the city’s regional theater) is considered to be one of the finest in the nation. Moreover, in recent years it has added chic hotels and intriguing eateries to go along with its beautifully designed lakefront.
- Journal Sentinel—Milwaukee daily has great arts and entertainment coverage
- OnMilwaukee.com—Daily magazine and entertainment guide with events calendar and local arts coverage that includes features, reviews, and blog posts
- Metro Milwaukee—Comprehensive list of links to local arts organizations
- Theatre Wisconsin—An alliance of non-profit professional theatres in Wisconsin with a comprehensive online schedule of performances, links to those theatres, and “hot tickets” (discounts).
- Third Coast Digest – arts, news and culture guide for Milwaukee and Southeastern Wisconsin