Pittsburgh, often called Steeltown U.S.A., has long enjoyed the educational and cultural patronage of wealthy industrialists such as Andrew Carnegie. The city’s visual and performing arts reflect this tradition, although heavy industry is no longer a part of everyday life here. The city has a large number of working professionals who also greatly contribute to the its artistic life.
Pittsburgh Arts Information
- Pittsburgh City Paper—Alternative weekly arts paper with comprehensive arts and entertainment coverage
- Pittsburgh Post-Gazette—Pittsburgh’s major daily newspaper has a strong commitment to local arts
- TribLive—Pittsburgh events guide and coverage operated by the Pittsburgh Tribune
- pgharts.org—The Pittsburgh Cultural Trust – the major player in Pittsburgh Arts
- proartstickets.org—Information and ticketing for arts events, a program of the Greater Pittsburgh Arts Council.