Rich in Latin and Asian influences, as well as a major epicenter for gay and lesbian culture and art, San Francisco is one of the most visited cities in the United States. In addition to its reputation as a premier dining destination, the City by the Bay has a wide variety of professional theaters, music venues, art galleries, and dance companies with international acclaim.
San Francisco/Oakland/Berkeley Arts Information
- San Francisco Chronicle—Best daily newspaper for Bay Area arts news and reviews
- San Francisco Bay Guardian—Free weekly with comprehensive arts coverage
- SF Weekly—Free weekly with comprehensive arts coverage
- FuncheapSF—Fun cheap things to do in the San Francisco Bay area. Sign up for email updates
- Only in San Francisco—The official website of San Francisco. Very helpful
- SF Arts—Comprehensive guide to San Francisco arts