- Red House Arts Center—Membership to this arts venue (which hosts theatrical productions, concerts, and other arts events) gets you discounted tickets and more
Rated by Forbes magazine as one of the top 10 places to raise a family, Syracuse is a university town that has a great appreciation for both education and the arts. Jazz festivals, classical music ensembles, numerous galleries and museums (including a mask and puppet museum!), theaters, and both opera and ballet companies are among the artsy offerings here. With so much cultural entertainment on hand, it’s no wonder that this city has spawned the likes of songwriter Jimmy Van Heusen, Broadway impresarios the Shubert brothers, and actor Tom Cruise.
Syracuse Arts Information
- CNY Arts and Theater—Features and reviews covering Fine Art, Dance, Theater, and Performing Arts
- Syrahoo.com—This Syracuse web directory provides arts and entertainment-related links
- Downtown Syracuse—Events calendar and information on arts & culture downtown
- Cultural Resources Council—News, information, and resources concerning the arts and cultural life of Syracuse