Owned and operated by the Elysabeth Kleinhans Theatrical Foundation, 59E59 is a state-of-the-art complex of three theaters located at 59 East 59th Street in Manhattan. It serves as an Off-Broadway showcase for productions by not-for-profit theater companies from across the country and around the world.
59E59 is best known for “Brits Off Broadway,” its annual festival of new British theater, and for “East to Edinburgh,” a preview of shows tapped for presentation in the Edinburgh Festival Fringe. The venue is also a destination for its lively bar, located on the mezzanine level.
59E59 Theaters Information
- Public Transportation: Excellent (easily accessible by subway lines N, Q, and R at 5th Avenue/59th Street; 4, 5, and 6 at 59th Street; E and M at 5th Avenue/53rd Street; F at Lexington Avenue/63rd Street; and buses M1–M5, M31, Q32, M57, and M101–M103)
- Handicapped Accessibility: Good
- Performances/Programs: Performance schedule is Tuesday–Sunday
- Ticket Prices: Tickets range from $25–$60, depending on theatre (A, B, or C). Discounted rates for groups of 10 or more. Student Rush tickets offered the day of the show for $10–$15
- Membership: Individual membership is $59.59. Benefits include a 30% discount on up to six tickets per show; special discounts on all shows presented by Primary Stages; 15% off at selected restaurants and parking garages; discounts on drinks at E:BAR; invitations to exclusive Members Only events; access to direct Member E:Line for no-fee ticket ordering by phone; advance notice of productions and Member e-mail alerts; and ticket exchange up to 48 hours prior to performance
- E:GO Student Membership Program: Membership for high school or college students (w/ID) is only $5 annually and allows students to buy tickets to any show for $10. $5 Wednesdays allows members to buy $5 tickets every Wednesday in-person on the day of the show (limit of two tickets per member per show).