The largest professional theatre company in South Florida, the Actor’s Playhouse is also one of the finest in the Southeast. Regularly producing a full season of thought provoking plays and musicals including world premieres by international writers such as Nilo Cruz and local playwrights such as Michael McKeever.
Actor’s Playhouse operates out of the stunningly restored Miracle Theatre, a 600-seat art deco diamond in the Florida sands. Throughout the course of its near 25-year history, Actor’s Playhouse has won 57 Carbonell Awards, including 7 uninterrupted years as the victor of the coveted “Best Musical” trophy. The company’s renowned Theatre for Young Audiences, presents an equally impressive season of new and classic tales for the entire family.
Actors’ Playhouse at the Miracle Theatre Information
- Public Transportation: Fair (a 2-minute walk from bus 24 at Aragon Avenue/Salzedo Street; a 3-minute walk from bus 42 at SW 42nd Avenue/Coral Way; and a 5-minute walk from bus 56 at Biltmore Way/Hernando Street)
- Handicapped Accessibility: Good
- Performances/Programs: Performance schedule is Wednesday–Sunday
- Ticket Prices: $33–$46, 10% discount for seniors, $15 tickets for students 22 or younger (sold 15 minutes before curtain), discounts available for groups of 15 or more
- Subscriptions: Subscriptions are $174–$270; student subscriptions are $102. Benefits include free admission to play readings, ticket exchanges, lost-ticket insurance, and savings on classes and workshops.