Few theaters are as dedicated to producing contemporary plays and musicals as the Actor’s Theatre of Charlotte. Each season includes an eclectic slate of mainstage productions, special presentations, and invited shows; some are new productions of exciting shows recently seen on or off Broadway, others are regional premieres of new works. And if you truly want to get in on the act, ATC offers acting classes as a part of its education and outreach efforts.
Actor’s Theatre of Charlotte Information
- Public Transportation: Good (a short walk from bus 18 at East Stonewall Street/South Davidson Street; and a 6-minute walk from bus 6 at South McDowell Street/East Martin Luther King Boulevard, and from the 501 Train at the Stonewall Station)
- Performances/Programs: 6 shows and several special events and films presented each season
- Admission: Single tickets are $24-$29; tickets are $15 for previews. Seniors and students qualify for discounts. Each production offers a Pay-What-You-Can night
- Group Discounts: Groups of 10 or more qualify for discounts
- Subscription/Memberships: 7-admission Flex Pass is $119, and 5-admission Flex Pass is $99. Subscriber benefits include one free ticket for a friend and unlimited no fee ticket exchanges.