The Actors Theatre’s motto “Off-Broadway – Just Downtown” is dead-on, as the Phoenix-based company regularly produces thought-provoking plays at its home in the Herberger Theater Center in the heart of downtown Phoenix that have also been seen Off-Broadway in New York. The theater, which is particularly interested in socially conscious work that promotes civic dialogue, also does an annual production of the Dickens classic A Christmas Carol.
Actors Theatre of Phoenix Information
- Public Transportation: Excellent (just a short walk from Central Station, which has stops for the Light Rail and buses 0, 1, 3, 7, 8, 10, 12, 15, 560, 562, 571, 573, 575, and GAL)
- Handicapped Accessibility: Yes
- Performance/Programs: Usually Wednesday-Sunday. Five to six productions each season, usually either original plays or mountings of critically acclaimed dramas, presented in the 300 seat Stage West Theater. Additionally, the company annually presents its musical adaptation of A Christmas Carol, which plays the Center Stage space in November and December
- Ticket Prices: Range from $35-$57. Discounts are available for seniors, students, and groups. Same day rush tickets are also available. “Pay What You Wish” performances are offered on the first Sunday matinee and the first new Wednesday 7 p.m. performance for every season’s productions, excluding A Christmas Carol
- Subscriptions: Three, four, five, and six play packages are available, ranging from $61-$226, depending on performance dates and seat locations. Flex Pass packages are available for $141, and can be used towards four premium main stage season admissions.