Founded in 1989 by a group of professional actors and directors, Actors Theatre is a permanent repertory company whose work reflects it members’ ideals of ensemble theatre. Over the years, the company has focused on the human interactions at the core of each play and has presented an eclectic repertoire that has included many world, U.S., and area premiere productions of major new plays, as well as some of the great classics of the American stage. Actors Theatre’s offerings have ranged from Tennessee Williams’ Cat on a Hot Tin Roof to Harold Pinter’s Betrayal to David Mamet’s Glengarry Glen Ross.
Actors Theatre of San Francisco Information
- Public Transportation: Good (a 2-minute walk from buses 2, 3, and 76 at Sutter Street/Taylor Street; a 3-minutte walk from the PM and PH Cable Cars at Bush Street/Powell Street; and a 12-minute walk from several buses, light rail lines J, K, L, M, N, and T, and BART trains at the Powell station)
- Handicapped Accessibility: Good
- Performances/Programs: 4 shows per season with multiple performances of each. Stand-Up Comedy Night: A Funny Night for Comedy is presented on the 2nd Sunday of each month at 6:30 p.m.
- Ticket Prices: $38 (Student/Senior $26; Previews $18). Tickets to Stand-Up Comedy Nights are $10
- Group Discounts: Discounts available for groups of 8 or more
- Donors: Donations of any amount are greatly appreciated. Donations of $25+ receive program recognition.