(June 26 – July 28, 2012) A professional, not-for-profit summer theater located in Glens Falls, NY, the Adirondack Theatre Festival annually presents a six-week season of shows for an audience of more than 6,000, employing professional artists from New York City and across the country. A typical summer season includes three mainstage productions and a new play/musical workshop, as well as a late-night slot for cabaret shows and more adventurous productions. The festival prides itself on producing shows that are never more than five years old, thereby offering upstate audiences recent hits from NYC as well as the latest works of established and emerging writers. ATF operates under a Small Professional Theatre Agreement with Actors’ Equity Association (AEA), and 100% of the actors in its productions and readings are professionals in their field. (MP)
Adirondack Theatre Festival Information
- Public Transportation: Good (a 2-minute walk from Glens Falls Transit buses 2, 4, 5, 7, 11, 12, 19, and South Trolley – Glens Falls at the Ridge Street Terminal – Ridge Street/Lapham Place)
- Handicapped Accessibility: Good
- Performances/Programs: The typical six-week festival includes 3–4 mainstage productions, a new play/musical workshop, and a late night slot for cabaret and more adventurous productions
- Ticket Prices: Range from $25–$40. Tix@6 is a discount program for people ages 25 and under. Tickets are $10; available for that day’s performance only starting 6 p.m.; must be purchased in person, cash only, at the box office w/ID; and are limited to 2 tickets per person
- Group Discounts: Group rates are available. 10–49 (20% discount); 50+ (30% discount)
- Subscriptions: Full Season Subscription ($105) includes the three mainstage productions; the Second Act Cabaret; and the New Play Reading. The 3-Show Subscription ($80) includes all three mainstage productions. The Matinee/Preview Subscription ($60) includes preview or matinee performances to all three mainstage shows. Subscriber benefits include discounts at select downtown restaurants, area museums, and other establishments; a $5 discount on tickets for friends and family to ATF productions; half-priced concession items at the theater; free ticket exchange and replacement; guaranteed priority seating; and more.