The Arsht Center for the Performing Arts is the largest performing arts center in the state of Florida, and the second largest in the nation in area, second only to New York’s Lincoln Center. Formerly known as the Carnival Center, its name was changed after a large donation by local philanthropist Adrienne Arsht that ensured its financial stability.
The Center is home to the Florida Grand Opera, Miami City Ballet, and the Concert Association of Florida. The Cleveland Orchestra presents a three-week residency here every year, and the famed New World Symphony performs regularly in the Knight Concert Hall.
The facility hosts three large performance venues (Sanford and Dolores Ziff Ballet Opera House, John S. and James L. Knight Concert Hall, and the Carnival Studio Theater) as well as two smaller spaces designed for a multitude of uses: Peacock Rehearsal Studio and Parker and Vann Thomson Plaza for the Arts. A diverse schedule of drama, music, comedy, dance and more is featured year-long, with a number of subscription series including Jazz Roots and the Knight Masterworks Season (actually three separate series: Classical Music, Dance, and Signature Pops).
Adrienne Arsht Center for the Performing Arts of Miami-Dade County Information
- Public Transportation: Good (accessible by Miami-Dade County Metrorail, Metro mover, and 15 Metrobus routes at the Omni Bus Terminal)
- Handicapped Accessibility: Good
- Performances/Programs: Approximately 240 events annually that includes Broadway in Miami, Miami City Ballet, Florida Grand Opera, City Jazz Roots, and a three-week residency by the Cleveland Orchestra
- Ticket Prices: Varies ($30-130) depending on event and seating choice
- Group Sales: Group discounts are available, of up to 20%; group ticketing benefits include priority seating and more
- Subscriptions/Membership: Subscriptions available to the Jazz Roots concert series, as well as to the Arsht Center’s resident arts companies. Membership begins at $75 annually; benefits include advance ticket privileges, discounts to special events and programs, discounts at local hotels & restaurants.