(January) Held each year at the end of January, the Alabama Dance Festival strives to expand and inspire artistic awareness in local communities. Presented in Birmingham, the Festival highlights visiting dance companies, local professional and semi-professional companies and individual dancers, and classes for those just beginning as well as pre-professionals and professional level artists.
Sponsored by the Alabama Dance Council, the Festival is designed to expose Alabamans to the widest spectrum of dance possible. With its dedication to featuring performances, emphasizing movement education, and developing audiences in general, the ADC is a fundamental presenter for the dance arts in Alabama. (MK)
Alabama Dance Festival Information
- Venues: Alabama Ballet Center for Dance (2726 1st Avenue South); Alabama School of Fine Arts (1800 Rev. Abraham Woods, Jr Boulevard); Birmingham Southern College – Sports Center/Dance Department (900 Arkadelphia Road); Children’s Dance Foundation (1715 27th Court South); Samford University – Wright Fine Arts Center (800 Lakeshore Drive)
- Public Transportation: All venues are accessible by BJCTA buses
- Handicapped Accessibility: Good at each venue
- Performances/Programs: Programming includes workshops, performances, auditions, classes, showcases, and more
- Ticket Prices: Range from $10–$45. Discounts are available for students. Multiple performance discounts are also available.