Alaska Chamber Singers was formed in 1986 and has been under the direction of David Hagen since 1995. Since its inception, ACS has been one of the finest choral ensembles in Alaska, with over 40 auditioned members. Performance highlights include appearing at The Kennedy Center in Washington, D.C. and on A Prairie Home Companion with Garrison Keillor, broadcasting from the Alaska Center for the Performing Arts.
During its season, ACS performs three major programs of choral masterworks and new pieces at Our Lady of Guadalupe in Anchorage, St. Andrew Church in Eagle River, and the Sydney Laurence Theatre in Anchorage. The choir also regularly performs with the the Anchorage Symphony Orchestra. Season tickets are available for a discount off of regular single ticket prices.
Alaska Chamber Singers Information
- Venues: Our Lady of Guadalupe Church (3900 Wisconsin Street, Anchorage); St. Andrew Church (16300 Domain Lane, Eagle River); and the Sydney Laurence Theatre (621 West Sixth Avenue, Anchorage)
- Public Transportation: Fair for Our Lady of Guadalupe Church (accessible by bus 36 at Wisconsin Street and 40th Avenue). Fair for St. Andrew Church (accessible by bus 102 at Glenn Hwy and Domain Lane). Very Good for the Sydney Laurence Theatre (Buses 2, 3, 7, 8, 9, 13, 14, 15, 36, 45, 60, 75, and 102 all have stops steps from the theatre)
- Handicapped Accessibility: Depends on venue, but generally good
- Performances/Programs: Three programs per season, two performances of each
- Ticket Prices: $30, $20 Student/Senior/Youth
- Other Discounts: PBS Members receive a discount with valid member ID.