As the premier choral group in the Capital area, Albany Pro Musica performs a wide range of choral literature, from Baroque to newly commissioned pieces. The group began in 1981 and today, boasts 65 regular members with up to 150 singers for its expanded Masterworks concerts.
Under the leadership of director David Griggs-Janower, the group also strives to discover and perform hidden gems of the choral tradition including rarely heard works by Handel, Bristow and others. Albany Pro Musica’s performances are frequently aired on local and national public radio and they have also been featured on several recording projects. Season subscriptions are available with significant discounts off of single ticket prices.
Albany Pro Musica Information
- Venues: St. Paul’s Episcopal Church (21 Hackett Blvd, Albany); Cathedral of All Saints (68 South Swan Street, Albany); Palace Theater (19 Clinton Avenue, Albany); Shaker Meeting House (25 Meeting House Road, Albany); Troy Savings Bank Music Hall (30 2nd Street, Troy); EMPAC Concert Hall (110 Eighth Street, Troy); Carondelet Hospitality Center (Delatour Road, Latham); Proctor’s Theater (432 State Street, Schenectady); The Arthur Zankel Music Center of Skidmore College (815 North Broadway, Saratoga Springs)
- Public Transportation: Varies by venue
- Handicapped Accessibility: Depends on venue
- Performances/Programs: Six–Eight programs each season
- Tickets: $15–$35, $10 Student tickets, senior discounts
- Subscriptions: $70, Pops concert for an extra $5
- Membership: Individual membership starts at $25. All members receive a program book listing.