This Buffalo institution, located on Delaware Park, has an intimate and compelling collection of modern art, from the works of 19th century masters van Gogh and Gauguin to 20th century revolutionaries such as Picasso and Matisse. The Albright-Knox’s post-WWII collection is particularly outstanding, showcasing art by the likes of Andy Warhol, Jackson Pollock, and Jasper Johns. The museum’s exhibitions often feature arresting and unusual works by contemporary artists, as well as pieces by lesser known artists of the modern era.
Albright-Knox Art Gallery Information
- Public Transportation: Fair (a short walk from buses 20 and 32 at Elmwood Avenue/Rockwell Road; and a 5-minute walk from bus 79 at Elmwood Avenue/Nottingham Terrace)
- Handicapped Accessibility: Good. Assistive Listening Devices, TTY Teletypewriters, and large print scripts of Audio Description Tours are available free of charge. Service animals are also welcome
- Hours: Tuesday–Sunday 10 a.m.–5 p.m. (open until 10 p.m. on the first Friday of every month); closed Mondays and major holidays
- Admission: Adults $12; Seniors and Students (ages 13+) $8; Children (6–12) $5; Children (5 and under), Members, and active-duty U.S. and Canadian Armed Services personnel and their families are Free
- Free Day: Free admission on M&T First Fridays (the first Friday of every month)
- Tour: Public Tours are free with the cost of admission and are offered Thursdays, Fridays, and Sundays at 1:30 p.m., and on Saturdays at 11:30 a.m. and 1:30 p.m. Docent-led group tours are also available for groups of fifteen or more. Group Admission rate are: Adults $8; Seniors and Students $6; Free for Members
- Audio Tour: Free audio tours are available
- Membership: Individual (Adult $50; Senior $30; Student $25); Grandparent and Dual Senior ($60); Family ($75); Associate ($150); Contributor ($300); Sustainer ($500). Member benefits are tiered, with every member receiving unlimited free admission to the Gallery’s Collection and special exhibitions; invitations to special Members-Only Exhibition Previews and Receptions; a 10% discount at shop AK, AK café, and select establishments in the Elmwood Village; discounts on lectures, classes, and workshops; a reduced-price subscription to Aperture Magazine; access to the Gallery’s G. Robert Strauss, Jr. Memorial Library; subscriptions to the Gallery’s quarterly Members-only email newsletter, and the monthly WNED Magazine; an Albright-Knox Member window decal; and free admission to a number of museums across New York State through the Empire State Museums Reciprocal Program.