(May – June) The festival’s repertoire consists of a healthy mix of classic and modern composers – Chopin, Schubert, Brahms, Fritz Kreisler, and Philip Glass among them.
Past performers at the festival have include the Eroica Trio, soprano Jessica Rivera, the Juilliard String Quartet, clarinetist Richard Stoltzman, violinist Gil Shaham, and the Ying Quartet. As part of the festival’s educational outreach, the Beth Newdome Resident Festival Artists Program instructs student musicians. (DK)
Amelia Island Chamber Music Festival Information
- Venues: (all venues in Fernandina Beach unless specified): Amelia Community Theatre (209 Cedar Street); Historic Nassau County Courthouse (416 Centre Street); Amelia Park Pavilion (corner of Park Avenue and Park Lane); St. Peter’s Episcopal Church (801 Atlantic Avenue); Amelia Plantation Chapel (36 Bowman Road, Amelia Island); Memorial United Methodist Church (601 Centre Street); Walker’s Landing (Amelia Island); Prince of Peace Lutheran Church (2600 Atlantic Avenue); Savannah Grand of Amelia Island (1900 Amelia Trace Court); La Tierra Prometida (416 Alachua Street); Palace Saloon/Sheffield’s (117 Centre Street); Historic Fort Clinch (Ft. Clinch State Park, 2601 Atlantic Avenue); Macedonia AME Church (202 South 9th Street); The Ritz-Carton (4750 Amelia Island Parkway, Amelia Island)
- Public Transportation: Varies by venue
- Handicapped Accessibility: Depends on venue, but generally good
- Performances/Programs: 18-19 concerts per season
- Ticket Prices: Depending on the event, prices range from $15-$50; select concerts are free of charge
- Subscriptions: Season Ticket are $412
- Donor Levels: Donor (up to $99); Friends of the Festival ($100-$499); Crystal Nautilus ($500); Gold Nautilus ($2,500); Platinum Nautilus ($5,000); Diamond Nautilus ($10,000). Depending on the level, benefits include program recognition, party invitation, free tickets, preferred seating, and more.