Named “the best American specialists in early music” by the Washington Post, the American Bach Soloists (ABS) was founded in 1989 with the mission of introducing contemporary audiences to the cantatas of Johann Sebastian Bach through historically informed performances, recordings, and educational programs. Since then, the ensemble’s repertoire has expanded to include masterpieces from the Baroque, as well as the Classical and Romantic eras, and beyond.
American Bach Soloists Information
- Venues: Grace Cathedral (1100 California Street); St. Mark’s Lutheran Church (1111 O’Farrell Street); Robert & Margrit Mondavi Center for the Performing Arts (9399 Old Davis Road, Davis); Davis Community Church (412 C Street, Davis); First Congregational Church (2345 Channing Way, Berkeley); St. Stephen’s Church (3 Bayview Avenue, Belvedere)
- Public Transportation: Varies by venue
- Handicapped Accessibility: Depends on venue
- Performances/Programs: 20-30 performances per year
- Ticket Prices: $18–$60/ticket, discounts available for students and seniors at a reduced rate beginning as low as $10
- Subscriptions: Subscribers save almost 20%. Subscriptions are based on venue and area and include either five concerts including the Messiah or four concerts not including the Messiah. Only subscribers can exchange tickets. Along with your regular subscription(s), you can purchase additional tickets for family and friends at the same discounted rate offered to you as a subscriber.