A non-sectarian, not-for-profit, professional company, AJTC is a member of the Association for Jewish Theatre, Phoenix Community Alliance, Alliance for Audience, Local First AZ, and Arizona Citizens for the Arts. Founded in 1988 as a community theatre, the company now fields an annual season of three of four shows that present a Jewish perspective but have universal themes that appeal to the general population as well – for example, Dreyfus in Rehearsal, The Blessing of a Broken Heart, and What About Luv? In addition, AJTC offers two children’s productions each year and runs a summer theatre day camp as well as a winter-break camp. (MP)
Arizona Jewish Theatre Company Information
- Public Transportation: Good (a 3-minute walk from Valley Metro bus 29 at West Thomas Road/11th Avenue and from bus 15 at West Earll Drive/15th Avenue; and a 5-minute walk from bus 8 at West Earll Drive/7th Avenue)
- Handicapped Accessibility: Good
- Performances/Programs: 3 mainstage shows with multiple performances of each, and 5–6 special events/Youth Theatre shows
- Ticket Prices: $14–$37 depending on date and seating selection. $8 Student Rush tickets available 30 minutes before showtime. Thursday/Friday Previews are $20 plus a can of food for the Food Banks
- Group Discounts: Groups of 10 or more can purchase discounted tickets of $25
- Subscriptions: Several subscriptions are available, and range from $60–$210. Subscribers have ticket exchange privileges.