Portland’s oldest professional theatre, the Artists Repertory Theatre has been surprising audiences for over 27 years. The Portland home for new and emerging playwrights like Sarah Ruhl and Lisa Loomer, Artists Rep is equally renowned for its thoughtful stagings of classics by Shakespeare and Chekov. Six annual productions staged in two sleek Off-Broadway style theatres and performed by a resident company of professional actors keep Artists Rep a defining presence in America’s vital regional theatre scene. The 2011 season launches a partnership with the renowned Sydney Theatre Company on a new production of Eugene O’Neill’s Long Day’s Journey Into Night starring William Hurt.
Artists Repertory Theatre Information
- Public Transportation: Good (a short walk from buses 15 and 51 at SW Morrison Street/SW 16th Avenue; a 2-minute walk from bus 20 at West Burnside Street/SW 15th Avenue; and a 3-minute walk from buses 15, 18, 51, 63, and 83, and the Blue and Red Lines at the JELD-WEN Field MAX Station)
- Handicapped Accessible: Yes
- Performance/Programs: 8 shows per season. Performance schedule is Tuesday – Sunday
- Ticket Prices: Single tickets are $22–$47; $20 student tickets; discounts are available for groups of 10 or more
- Subscriptions: 7-Play ($157–$279), 6-Play ($135–$239), 5-Play ($112–$199), 4-Play ($90–$159), and 3-Play ($99), Student subscriptions ($126, $108, $90, $72 & $60). Subscriber benefits include ticket exchanges, missed performance insurance, “Encore Privilege” (see your favorite productions again when you bring a friend) and a voucher for a free pair of tickets when you purchase a 3-play package.