(July 1-31, 2012) Every July, Reno truly becomes “Art town” as cultural events flood the downtown. Wingfield Park is ground zero for the festival, where there are multiple events occurring on any given day. Numerous other Reno venues also host concerts, exhibitions, and other arts events during the festival. Impressively, over half of Artown’s offerings are now completely free, from children’s art workshops and puppet shows to dance performances and movie screenings. There are even festivals within the festival, such as the Reno Art Fair and Gospel Fest.
- Public Transportation: Sierra Spirit provides free transportation all around downtown from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. every day during the festival
- Handicapped Accessibility: Yes
- Performances/Programs: The festival lasts the entire month of July and features over 400 events
- Admission: Ticket prices vary, but many events are low-cost, and over half of Artown events and exhibitions are free
- Memberships: Friends of Artown memberships start at $50 and include advance ticket purchasing privileges for select events, a festival program, gift items, and more.