Aspen Santa Fe Ballet began in 1997 and was initially based solely in Aspen. Emerging opportunities in Santa Fe led to the company’s expansion in 2000. Today, Aspen Santa Fe Ballet is entrenched and well-regarded as both a regional and national touring company, with a varied repertoire of nearly seventy works (though only about a dozen are active at any one time). ASFB has commissioned more than twenty works, including multiple pieces by such acclaimed choreographers as Trey McIntyre and Jorma Elo, and offers a number of youth educational programs, including its Ballet Folklorico Mexican dance workshops in the Aspen and Santa Fe areas.
Aspen Santa Fe Ballet Information
- Public Transportation: Good (a short walk from buses 1, 2, 4, 5. 6, and M at the Downtown Transit Center)
- Handicapped Accessibility: Good
- Performances/Programs: Approximately 5–10 performances per season
- Ticket Prices: Range from $20–$72; discounts for groups of 10 or more. Check the website’s Special Offers page for other discounts
- Membership: Friend (up to $249); Contributor ($250–$499); Donor ($500–$999); Patron ($1,000–$1,999); Bronze Patron ($2,000–$4,999); Silver Patron ($5,000–$9,999); Gold Patron ($10,000–$24,999); Platinum Patron ($25,000–$49,999); Benefactor ($50,000+). With a donation of $2,000 or more, members can join the Aspen Santa Fe Ballet’s National Council.