Focusing on socially relevant and timely plays, as well as lesser-produced musicals, Avalon Theatre Company operates under a Small Professional Theatre contract with Actors’ Equity Association and participates in the Equity Membership Candidate program; non-Equity actors receive a stipend.
In addition to presenting such plays as Arthur Miller’s The Price, Neil Simon’s The Good Doctor, and John Pielmeier’s Agnes of God, the company has recently extended its efforts to developing original works that are intended to showcase the rich cultural fabric of St. Louis. The first of these projects, Little Bosnia, focused on the city’s Bosnian community and premiered in 2008. ATC also has a popular Summer Cabaret Series, with performances on Sundays at 3 p.m.
Avalon Theatre Company Information
- Public Transportation: Fair (a short walk from bus 21 at Watson Road/South Sappington Road)
- Handicapped Accessibility: Good
- Performance/Programs: 3 productions annually, with 8 performances of each
- Ticket Prices: $30 General admission, $25 Seniors, $20 Students
- Subscriptions: Season subscribers receive 10% off individual ticket price ($81 General admission, $67 seniors, $55 students).