The Bach Society of St. Louis channels the spirit of the Master with a focus on choral works, a stellar orchestra, and a dedication to nurturing young talent. The Society performs four or five major concerts each season with repertoire often straying outside the works of Bach. The annual Christmas Candlelight Concert is a local favorite with stunning renditions of holiday classics augmented by a children’s choir and sing-along carols.
The Society traces its beginnings back to the early 1940’s, and under the baton of Maestro A. Dennis Sparger, has grown over the last quarter of a century to become one of the most respected arts organizations in St. Louis. Tickets are very reasonably priced and season tickets are available for discounts off of single ticket prices at a number of varying levels.
Bach Society of St. Louis Information
- Venues: The Skip Viragh Center for the Arts at Chaminade (425 South Lindbergh Boulevard); Ladue Chapel Presbyterian Church (9450 Clayton Road); Powell Symphony Hall (718 North Grand Boulevard); St. Francis Xavier College Church (3628 Lindell Boulevard); and more
- Public Transportation: Varies by venue
- Handicapped Accessible: Depends on venue, but generally good
- Performances/Programs: 4–5 concerts each season
- Ticket Prices: $10–$35, up to $70 for concerts at Powell Symphony Hall.