Ballet Nouveau Colorado (BNC) was initially founded in 1992 under the name Rocky Mountain Repertory Ensemble and served as a community dance training program for North Denver youth. In 2002 the ensemble reinvented itself as a three-part organization encompassing not only the original school, but also a formally established professional ballet company and a community outreach program. While the company maintains a strong grounding in classical ballet technique they aim to create new work which is accessible to both avid dance fans and newcomers alike. Since 2005, they have been the second-largest ballet company in Colorado and they continue to increase their national profile. In 2009, Dance Magazine named them one of the top 25 companies to watch.
Ballet Nouveau Colorado (BNC) Information
- Venues: Performing Arts Complex at Pinnacle Charter School (1001 West 84th Avenue, Denver); Lakewood Cultural Center (470 South Allison Parkway, Lakewood); RedLine (2350 Arapahoe Street, Denver); Ballet Nouveau Colorado Studios and Theatre (3001 Industrial Lane, Broomfield); Broomfield Auditorium (3 Community Park Road, Broomfield); Arvada Center for the Arts and Humanities (6901 Wadsworth Boulevard, Arvada)
- Public Transportation: Varies by venue
- Handicapped Accessibility: Good for all venues
- Performances/Programs: Four–Five programs per year: two fall programs, two spring programs, and the annual Nutcracker
- Ticket Prices: $26, $22 for students, seniors, and children. The Pinnacle Events Center sometimes offers Five-Buck Fridays ($5)
- Subscriptions: Season packages can be custom-made to include two, three, four, or five performances. Subscribers to three or more shows receive exchange privileges. Subscribers to four or more shows receive an additional 5% off single ticket prices. Subscribers to five shows receive a special invitation to a company rehearsal. All subscribers also receive 10% off tickets to the company gala event and buy-one get-one-free ticket offers from the Curious Theatre Company, in addition to ticket-exchange privileges up to 48 hours before a performance
- Membership: BNC accepts tax-deductible annual contributions beginning at $30. Contributors receive email updates on BNC programs and plans. Larger contributions include extra benefits.