Ballet San Antonio is a classical company whose dancers are trained in the vigorously expressive style of the Ballet Russe. Their season generally includes a holiday Nutcracker production featuring local youth, a classic story ballet, and a mixed repertory concert including work by contemporary guest choreographers. Outside the theater, Ballet San Antonio also regularly gives community performances in local venues such as schools, hospitals, and the Ronald McDonald House.
Ballet San Antonio Information
- Venues: Lila Cockrell Theatre (200 East Market Street); Majestic Theatre (224 East Houston Street); Jo Long Theatre @ Carver Community Cultural Center (226 North Hackberry)
- Public Transportation: Good for all venues. Lila Cockrell Theatre (easily accessible by buses 17, 21, 22, 24, 25, 26, 28, 30, 48, 54, 64, 222, 225, 230, 301, 302, 304, and 305 at and around the Convention Center). Majestic Theatre (a short walk from bus 301 at North St. Mary’s Street/East Houston Street and from buses 2, 5, 8, 26, 30, 34, 36, 42, 51, 67, 82, 88, 90, 202, and 282 at East Houston Street/Navarro Street). Jo Long Theatre @ Carver Community Cultural Center (a 2-minute walk from buses 25 and 225 at East Commerce Street/North Hackberry; and a 6-minute walk from buses 24, 25, 28, 222, 230, and 302, and Amtrak trains at the Amtrak Station)
- Handicapped Accessibility: Good for all venues
- Performance/Programs: Approximately 10 performances per season
- Ticket Prices: Varies ($10–$60) depending on performance; children receive a 50% discount at performances of the Nutcracker
- Subscription/Memberships: Donors to the Ballet (from $50 and up) receive benefits including newsletter subscriptions, discounts at the Ballet Boutique, ticket discounts, and signed memorabilia.