The Brooklyn Academy of Music (known simply as BAM among NYC arts lovers) is Brooklyn’s premier venue for both progressive live performance and independent film. In 2006, BAM began a collaboration with the Sundance Institute on a series that has brought the programming and activities of Sundance and its revered film festival to New York City through a variety of movie screenings, panels, performances, and special events.
BAM Rose Cinemas Information
- Public Transportation: Very good (convenient to subway lines 2, 3, 4, 5, B, and Q at Atlantic Avenue; D, N, and R at Pacific Street; C at Lafayette Avenue; G at Fulton Street; and buses B25, B26, B38, B41, B45, B52, B54, B62, B67, and B103)
- Handicapped Accessibility: Good
- Performances/Programs: BAM’s programming is a mix of new independent and foreign films, as well as screenings of rare classic fare
- Ticket Prices: $8 matinee, $12 regular; $7 for members
- Membership: BAM Cinema Club: Movie Buff I ($70); Movie Buff II ($130); Movie Mogul I ($400); Movie Mogul II ($700). Member benefits include discounted or free tickets, priority access to BAMcinemaFEST and other special events; discounts on guest passes; annual members-only screening and discussion with filmmaker; discounts at BAMcafe and over 30 local restaurants; free BAMfans parties and benefits for members in their 20s and 30s; and more.