(July 6 – August 19, 2012) Hailed by The Wall Street Journal as “one of the most musically satisfying” summer festivals, Bard SummerScape is a seven week smorgasbord of opera, music, theater, dance, film and cabaret. Often, the centerpiece of SummerScape, Bard Music Festival, will highlight the work of one major composer with all or most of the works in the festival centered around the composer or those who influenced/were influenced by him or her. The theater, opera and dance presentations all maintain an incredible level of production value, and the ticket prices do somewhat reflect this. However, there are often multi-tier prices and four or more tickets purchased at once entitles you to subscription discounts (highly recommended). Also, the 20% senior discount and laughably cheap day-of student rush tickets mean a lot of you can attend these fantastic performances for budget prices. For those coming from Poughkeepsie or NYC, it is worth checking out the ticketing page for an incredible listing of shuttle bus/boxed lunch deals that make for a very civilized trip out of the city. (MS)
Bard Summerscape Information
- Venues: Richard B. Fisher Center for the Performing Arts at Bard College (60 Manor Ave, Annandale-on-Hudson)
- Public Transportation: Poor
- Handicapped Accessibility: Good
- Performances/Programs: July – August. Various shows (operas, dance, theater, films, music, operettas, etc) with multiple performances of each
- Ticket Prices: Ticket prices vary considerably, $8–$100 Some senior discounts available
- Membership: E-members will receive special offers, including discounts, throughout the season.