Located in Lakewood, the Beck Center for the Arts is a place where Northeastern Ohioans can go to enjoy both the visual and performing arts. The Center has a professional theater that produces on two different stages, a youth theater, and a gallery featuring the work of regional artists. Arts education opportunities abound at the Beck Center, where there are classes available for all ages and a Creative Arts Therapies department that uses the arts to help people with special needs. Day camps, available each summer for children ages 5-18, get kids involved in art, theater, dance, and music activities.
Beck Center for the Arts Information
- Public Transportation: Fair (steps from bus 26 at Detroit Avenue/Webb Road; and a 4-minute walk from buses 43 and 55 at West Clifton Boulevard/Sloane Avenue)
- Handicapped Accessibility: Yes
- Performances/Programs: Approximately 200 performances/events per year
- Hours: Gallery and box office are open Monday-Saturday 9:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m., and Sunday 12:00 to 5:00 p.m.
- Ticket Prices: Single tickets range from $10–$31. Discounts are often available for seniors, students, and children
- Group Discounts: Special discount rates available for groups of 13 or more
- Subscriptions: 4-show ($84); 6-show ($126); 4-Flex Pass ($92); 8-Flex Pass ($176); 12-Flex Pass ($252). Subscriber benefits include lost ticket replacement, no-fee ticket exchanges, free parking, and additional discounts and promotions
- Membership: Cameo Role ($50); Supporting Player ($100); Director’s Circle ($250); President’s Circle ($500); Chairman’s Circle ($1,000); Benefactor’s Circle ($2,500). Depending on level, member benefits include a subscription to the newsletter; listing in the playbills and online; advance notice of the theater season; invitations to special events; complimentary tickets; and more
- Youth Theater: Tickets for youth theater productions are $12 for adult and seniors, and $10 for children and students (16 and under). Performance schedule is Friday-Sunday.