Bel Canto Company (BCC), a chamber vocal ensemble formed in 1982, has become one of the premier choral ensembles in the Southeast, with eight recordings, numerous guest artist spots, and performances on NPR. BCC has also performed at Spoleto Festival USA, the American Choral Directors Association, and Washington Cathedral’s Summer Music Festival.
Led by Welborn Young, the 28-singer group performs the works of composers well-versed in the choral medium, including Moses Hogan, Daniel Pinkham, and Eric Whitacre. A well-respected ensemble.
Aside from its concert series, the choir also offers a “BCC 101″ program. Participants engage in a day-long workshop, to gain practical perspective on singing with the ensemble, with a free public concert performance at the end of the day.
Bel Canto Company Information
- Venues: Starmount Presbyterian Church (3501 West Market Street); Christ United Methodist Church (410 North Holden Road); Revolution Mill Studios Event Center (1000 Revolution Mill Drive)
- Public Transportation: Fair (all venues within a 7-minute walk from GTA buses)
- Performances/Programs: Four programs/seven performances
- Ticket Prices: Adults, $20; Seniors (65 +), $18; Students (with ID), $5. Bel Canto 101—Adults, $30; Students, $20
- Subscriptions: Early-Bird subscription (prior to May 30)—Adults, $45; Seniors (65+), $40. Regular subscription (prior to October 4)—Adults, $50; Seniors (65+), $45
- Donor Levels: Contributor ($1-$99); Supporter ($100-$249); Sponsor ($250-$499); Patron ($500-$999); Benefactor ($1,000-$1,499); Conductor’s Circle ($1,500+). Depending on level, benefits include playbill recognition, reception and dinner invitations, attendance at dress rehearsals, and more.