Founded in 2004, this 45-member women’s vocal ensemble performs sacred and secular music alike, having performed the works of Gustav Holst, Benjamin Britten, John Rutter, and Pablo Casals, among many others. The chorus has also worked closely with contemporary composers Robert De Cormier, Michel Hopkins, Gwyneth Walker, and David Feurzeig, including several commissions. Bella Voce also collaborates with a Vermont high school women’s choir, Kaleidoscope.
Bella Voce’s Mentoring Program—which includes a Conducting Internship and an Accompanist Assistantship—plays an important role in the choir’s aims to promote the musical careers of women. In addition, a 15-member ensemble called Cantiamo exists with the organization to perform a cappella works. (DK)
Bella Voce – Women’s Chorus of Vermont Information
- Public Transportation: Varies by venue
- Handicapped Accessibility: Depends on venue, but generally good
- Performances/Programs: Approximately 5 concerts per season
- Ticket Prices: $18 Adults; $15 Seniors and Students
- Membership: Sponsor levels range from $24–$1,000+. Individual sponsors ($24–$500) have their name listed in concert programs.