This professional chamber choir has been in existence since 1982, originally under the name His Majestie’s Clerkes, and has reached beyond its initial repertory focus on early music to include a cappella music from outside the medieval, Renaissance, and Baroque periods of Europe. Bella Voce has also done much to highlight the work of early American composer William Billings, and champions the work of contemporary composers like Frank Ferko and Gabriel Jackson. In 2004, the group was given the Chorus America/ASCAP Award for such willingness to broaden its programmatic horizons through the performance of new music.
Bella Voce Information
- Venues: Numerous locations (primarily churches) throughout the Chicago area
- Public Transportation: Varies by venue
- Handicapped Accessibility: Depends on venue, but generally good
- Performances/Programs: Three concerts (fall, spring, and holiday) with multiple performances of each
- Ticket Prices: General Tickets $30; Premium tickets $38; Students $15
- Group Discounts: 33% discount available for groups of 10 or more
- Subscriptions: Subscriptions are sometimes available. When available, benefits include 15% discount on single ticket prices and invites to open rehearsals
- Membership: No memberships are offered, but donations are greatly appreciated.