The Berkeley Festival and Exhibition is a biennial early music festival that takes place in even-numbered years, usually over a week in June. Produced by Cal Performances in association with the Department of Music, University of California, Berkeley, the San Francisco Early Music Society, and Early Music America, the festival is largely performed at First Congregational Church and St. Mark’s Episcopal Church, both in Berkeley.
Berkeley Festival and Exhibition Information
- Public Transportation: Good (easily accessible by several Richmond and Concord transit lines, as well as AC Transit buses)
- Performances/Programs: Approximately 13 performances are given per year
- Ticket Prices: Prices range from $16 to $56. Student tickets may be available for certain events as noted in the performance calendar
- Subscriptions: Subscription is activated if you purchase tickets to three or more events, which entitles you to a 10% discount. Only subscribers may exchange their tickets free of charge for another Berkeley Festival and Exhibition concert of their choice
- Membership: Individual membership begins at $75 and entitles you advance ticket-purchasing options. Higher levels of donation provide you with access to open rehearsals, invitations to Friends Appreciation Nights, reserved-parking passes, an invitation to the annual Home Concert, an invitation to the annual Director’s Dinner, and more.