Since its founding in 1947, BCT has become one of the nation’s largest professional theaters for children. The company performs on three stages at the Birmingham Jefferson Convention Complex, producing eight shows a year (four of which subsequently go out on tour).
Birmingham Children’s Theatre Information
- Venue Information: BCT has three theaters at the BJCC complex: 250-seat Wee Folks Theater, 900-seat Mainstage Theatre, and the 175-seat Charlotte Lane Dominick Theatre
- Public Transportation: Good (BJCTA buses 18 and 40 have stops that are steps from the BJCC. Buses 22 and 23 are a 5-minute walk. Also accessible by the Dart Blue line)
- Handicapped Accessibility: Yes
- Performance/Programs: Performance schedule varies, with shows on weekdays and weekends, usually in the morning or at noon
- Admission: Single tickets are $8 for children and $10 for adults. $2 off each ticket for groups of 10 or more. School performances are $7-$8 for both kids and adults
- Subscription/Memberships: 3-show ticket packages are $21 for children and $27 for adults
- Special Programs: BCT holds theatre camps, classes, and workshops for kids throughout the year.