Since 1995, the Bobbindoctrin Puppet Theatre, one of the most unique theatrical organizations in the country, has produced experimental adult puppet performances with unique puppetry techniques. Now in its 8th year, the Bobbindoctrin Annual Puppetry and Film Festival features short, five-minute puppet centered works from various Houston artists of the stage and screen.
The eclectic lineup includes shadow puppetry, hand puppetry, video projection, sock puppets, dolls, and live dance, and the films, which are distributed from Heather Henson’s Handmade Puppet Dreams, display work from both national and international artists. While the majority of the work is for adults, the Sunday matinee Festival Fambly Days performances feature work especially selected for children. (CC)
Bobbindoctrin’s Annual Puppetry and Film Festival Information
- Venues: Venue changes from year to year
- Public Transportation: Varies by venue. All downtown venues are easily accessible by bus or light rail
- Handicapped Accessibility: Depends on venue, but generally good
- Performances/Programs: 10–20 shows per season. Performance schedule varies
- Ticket Prices: Tickets are usually $8–$15.