Part of the Centre for the Arts in Mizner Park, an upscale “lifestyle center” in downtown Boca Raton, the Boca Raton Museum of Art (BRMA) is a vital part of the city’s cultural life. Its permanent collection boasts works by artists such as Degas, Matisse and Picasso, as well as important contemporary pieces by American and European artists in the Dr. & Mrs. John J. Mayers Collection of Modern Masters. Additional strengths include extensive collections of photography as well as African and Pre-Columbian art.
A busy schedule of exhibitions at BRMA focuses on particular stylistic periods in art history, artistic contributions of specific geographic areas, individual creators and artistic media. The BRMA offers a wide variety of educational programs for all ages, from art films, lecture series and gallery talks for adults to interactive and multi-disciplinary arts programs for children. A huge variety of art classes are offered, for all ages and in all disciplines, as well as an annual Summer Camp for children.
Boca Raton Museum of Art Information
- Public Transportation: Fair (accessible by Palm Tran buses 1 and 91)
- Handicapped Accessibility: Good
- Hours: Tuesday 10 a.m.–5 p.m., Wednesday 10 a.m.–9 p.m., Thursday/Friday 10 a.m.–7 p.m., Saturday noon–7 p.m., Sunday noon–5 p.m., Closed Mondays and holidays
- Admission: Adults $14; Senior Citizens (65+) $12; Students (with ID) $6; Adult Group Tours (15+) $10 each; Museum Members, Children (12 & under), School groups (up to 60 students), Free
- Tours: Self-guided cell phone tours are available, as are a series of podcast tours focused on special exhibitions and areas of the Museum’s collection
- Membership: Individual membership is $80 (Dual $100) and includes free admission to Museum galleries for one year; 10% discount on guest admissions, at the Museum Store and at The Artists’ Guild exhibition center; free admission to special events and members-only events, and tuition discounts at The Art Schoo.