BCT presents theater that is intended to illuminate enduring themes while exploring contemporary issues and ideas. To that end, the company’s mainstage productions have ranged from Chekhov’s The Cherry Orchard and Beckett’s Waiting for Godot to Sam Shepard’s True West, Diana Son’s Kiss, and Martin McDonagh’s The Pillowman, while its staged reading series has embraced such works as Yasmina Reza’s Art, David Auburn’s Proof, Patrick Marber’s Closer, and Kenneth Lonergan’s This Is Our Youth.
The theater also offers a Family Reading Series for audiences of all ages, in which professional actors bring stories to life through voice, music, and sound; and a Contemporary Music Series that has featured such performers as 2010 Grammy Award winner Loudon Wainwright III.
Boise Contemporary Theater Information
- Public Transportation: Good. (Buses 1-Downtown and 3-Downtown from the Capital Blvd. and Myrtle St. stop are a 3-minute walk)
- Handicapped access: Good. Assisted Listening Devices are also available
- Performances/Programs: Approximately 7 per season with multiple performances of each
- Ticket prices: Tickets range from $15-$35, depending on availability
- Subscriptions: Subscriptions range from $59-$124 depending on day and seat selections.