Boston Lyric Opera, the largest opera company in New England, is highly dedicated to presenting quality mainstage productions, as well as many outreach events. BRAVO!, a program for young professionals, offers a variety of educational, social, and networking opportunities throughout the year. Family Day at the Opera includes fun pre-performance activities along with lunch and a matinée performance of a kid-friendly production. In addition, family performances, a part of the Opera for Young Audiences program, are performed in a variety of venues throughout the greater Boston area.
Boston Lyric Opera Information
- Public Transportation: Good
- Handicapped Accessibility: Venue is accessible
- Performances/Programs: Four-five per season with multiple performances of each
- Ticket Prices: $34–$195, with prices varying by date and seat selection. Students get a 50% discount on single tickets
- Group Discounts: Discounts available for groups of 10 or more
- Subscriptions: Three-show subscription $96–$555, depending on date and seats selected. Subscriber benefits include 5% discount on single tickets, priority seating, ticket exchange privileges, ticket replacement for lost tickets, invites to special events, and potential seating upgrades
- Membership: Donations from $75–$150,000+ are welcome. Annual Fund donor benefits include program recognition, restaurant discounts, dress rehearsal passes, and more, depending on donation amount.