Boston Playwrights’ Theatre Information
- Public Transportation: Excellent (a short walk from the Green Line at the Pleasant Street – Outbound Station or the Babcock Street – Inbound Station and bus 57 at Commonwealth Avenue/Pleasant Street)
- Handicapped Accessibility: Good
- Performances/Programs: Boston Playwrights’ Theatre produces 3-4 shows per year. Several visiting productions are also presented in the theatre
- Ticket Prices: $15–$40 depending on show and seating selection. Student and Senior discounts are usually available
- Subscriptions: The Playwrights’ Pass ($29) gives you a nearly 50% discount on the three mainstage shows, and free admission to the bonus show. You also receive a Playwrights’ Pass card, which allows you to purchase buy-one-get-one free tickets to every visiting production at Boston Playwrights’ Theatre. Other benefits include best seat guarantee; flexible scheduling and ticket exchanges; extra ticket discounts; StageSource’s Circle of Friends card, valid for 2-for-1 tickets to Boston area theatres; gifts and other perks throughout the season; and more
- Boston Theater Marathon: Every May, Boston Playwrights’ Theatre presents the one-day Boston Theater Marathon in which 50, 10-minute plays by 50 New England playwrights are produced by 50 New England Theatre companies in 10 hours. The plays begin at 12 noon and are performed continuously until 10 p.m. In 2009, BTM expanded to include a weekend of full-length play readings, though the heart of the Marathon is the one-day festival. Tickets are $25 each if purchased early, and are $35 each if purchased on the day of performance.