Located in North Carolina’s Blue Ridge Mountains, the Music Center has been in existence as a summer training school for pre-professional musicians since 1936. The Festival, implemented ten years later, features performances of classical masterworks by the likes of Mozart, Brahms, Mahler and Sibelius, as well as operas by Rossini, Puccini, and others. All festival concerts offer lawn seating, which is free for children under 17 in the presence of a paying adult, making it a family-friendly option. In addition to the annual festival, which runs from late June through early August, the Brevard Music Center presents the free concert series First Mondays, with performances once a month, October through May (excluding January). (DK)
(June – August)
Brevard Music Center Information
- Public Transportation: Poor
- Handicapped Accessibility: Good
- Performances/Programs: Multiple and varying performances
- Ticket Prices: Children and teenagers age 17 and under may sit on the lawn free of charge with a paying adult. Children ages 6 and over may purchase tickets for $15 to sit inside Whittington-Pfohl Auditorium. Lawn seating is available for all events. Bring blankets and/or chairs to sit on
- Groups: Groups of 15 or more are eligible for a 15% discount off single ticket prices. (A complimentary ticket will be provided for the bus driver if applicable.) Reservations require a 50% non-refundable deposit and the balance is due two weeks before the event.