Billed as the ‘only professional musical theatre company in Washington county;’ the Broadway Rose has, since 1992, produced a five show season mixing classic and contemporary Broadway fare, with world premieres and yes, even the occasional play. Located in Tigard, fifteen minutes south of downtown Portland, the Broadway Rose operates out of two facilities: The Broadway Rose New Stage Theatre and for the larger summer production, the Deb Fernell auditorium (on the Tigard High School campus). The company also offers two children’s theatre productions and a musical theatre training program for teens.
Broadway Rose Theater Company Information
- Venues: Summer performances held at the Deb Fennell Auditorium, 9000 SW Durham Road, Tigard. Holiday Show performances held at the Broadway Rose New Stage Auditorium, 12850 SW Grant Ave., Tigard. The Fall Play Reading Series is held at Tigard Community Friends Church, 15800 SW Hall Blvd, Tigard.
- Public Transportation: Poor
- Handicapped Accessible: Yes
- Performances/Programs: The Broadway Rose Theater Company is a professional theater that primarily produces musicals, but also does holiday shows, children’s shows, play readings, and occasional full play productions. This used to be solely a summer stock theater, but now is producing year-round.
- Ticket Prices: Vary based on program. No exchanges for single tickets.
- Group Discounts: Discounts available for groups of 10 or more.
- Subscriptions: A 4-Show Series subscription ($80-117), 6-Show Series subscription ($118-162) and a discounted subscription for young people ages 6- 25 are offered.Subscriber benefits include ticket exchanges, standby comps for missed performances, lost ticket insurance and advanced single ticket purchase.
- Educational/ Community Outreach Programs: Drama camps for children and teens offered during the summers.