A PAC on the grounds of an all-girl parochial school – this, on its face, might not seem like much of a recipe for excitement, especially in the town that gave us Johnny Cash, Beale Street, and Stax Records. If, however, you’re in the mood to catch some contemporary dance, or some folk and world music, it’s worth taking a look at the Buckman’s calendar. The two-story, 35,000 square foot building comprises the 328-seat William H. Rose Theater and, in the lobby, the Levy Gallery, where works by local artists are regularly featured. The Buckman also offers a variety of classes and workshops for kids and adults.
Buckman Arts Center Information
- Public Transportation: Good (a short walk from MATA buses 30 and 34 at Walnut Grove Road/Perkins Extd)
- Handicapped Accessibility: Good
- Performances/Programs: 10–15 events per season
- Ticket Prices: $25–$35 depending on event (Seniors/Students/Groups $22.50–$31.50)
- Subscriptions: When you buy 6 or more tickets, you receive discounts. Full season is $215.