Founded at the suggestion of James R. Caldwell (inventor of the rubber dust pan and founder of the Rubbermaid Corporation), the Caldwell has in the 35 years since become known as the “Jewel in the Crown” of the Boca Raton arts scene. Known for its exciting roster of mostly new and local premieres by contemporary playwrights such as John Patrick Shanley (Doubt), Sarah Ruhl (The Clean House) and Richard Greenberg (Take Me Out), the Caldwell specializes in superb ensemble works, highlighting socially relevant themes and stories.
Committed to community outreach, the Caldwell regularly features talk back series and performances that coincide with various Florida well being groups and initiatives. Performances are held at the lovely Count de Hoernele Theatre – an intimate 333 seater perfectly suited to the unique charms of this Florida institution.
Caldwell Theatre Company Information
- Public Transportation: Good
- Handicapped Accessibility: Good
- Performances/Programs: Performance schedule is Tuesday–Sunday
- Ticket Prices: $36–$42, $10 student Rush tickets available for full-time students (sold 15 minutes before curtain), group discounts available for parties of 15 or more
- Subscriptions: Subscriptions are $100–$140.