The California Center for the Arts (CCA) is a multi-purpose venue, the center for all things arts-related in the San Diego North region. Located on a 12-acre complex in Escondido, CCA has two theaters, a 9,000-square foot conference center, studios for art creation and education, as well as a visual art museum. Events range from music from across the globe to dance, theatre, youth performances and more.
CCA is committed to broadening community appreciation for the arts, offering Free First Wednesday performances sponsored by Wells Fargo, as well as a number of free community events. The Center Museum is equally dedicated to engaging its community in the visual arts, presenting exhibitions of the work of local and international artists, as well as traveling exhibitions. The Education Department at CCA offers a broad array of programs, aimed at developing both an aptitude and appreciation for the arts in local youth. Programs range from art classes to musical performances, science lectures to magic shows, all aimed at engaging local students in the arts and sciences.
California Center for the Arts Information
- Public Transportation: Very Good (a short walk from NCTD buses 350, 351, 352, 354, 356, 358, 359, 386, and 389 at Valley Parkway/Escondido Boulevard)
- Handicapped Accessibility: Good
- Performances/Programs: Approximately 60 events per season
- Ticket Prices: Vary (free–$75) depending on event. Discounts for students available at select events
- Membership: Individual membership is $50 (1st time $25/Family membership $100) annually. Benefits include priority seating, advance ticket and ticket exchange privileges, free Museum admission, and more.