Since 1989, California Repertory Company (Cal Rep) has operated as a professionally modeled educational theatre company comprised of graduate students, faculty, and staff of the Theatre Arts Department at California State University, Long Beach (CSULB).
Located in various venues over the years, including a renovated camera shop and the National Guard Armory in the Long Beach East Village, Cal Rep now makes its home in the Royal Theatre aboard the Queen Mary, the world-famous retired luxury liner. Among the company’s recent productions: Clifford Odets’ Waiting for Lefty, David Eldridge’s Festen, Melissa James Gibson’s Current Nobody, and Deborah Brevoort’s Poetry of Pizza.
California Repertory (Cal Rep) Information
- Public Transportation: Fair (take the Blue Line, or buses 232 or 577X to the Transit Mall Station, where you can catch the Long Beach Transit bus C, which will drop you off in front of the Queen Mary)
- Handicapped Accessibility: Good
- Performances/Programs: Performance schedule is Tuesday–Saturday
- Ticket Prices: Single tickets are $20, student $17, senior and military $15, preview performances $12
- Subscriptions: Four-Pack $64, Eight-Pack $128, Opening-Night Club $250. Benefits include invites to special events, subscriber newsletter, and free family/friend pass.