One of several on-campus homes for UCSB’s Arts & Lectures series, Campbell Hall is a big, round building just off Mesa Road with a standard proscenium stage and seating for 860. The offerings are generally rather eclectic, ranging from world music to political lectures to poetry readings; during the 2011-12 season, the Campbell is even hosting Cinematic Titanic, which is the new comedic undertaking from the guys who brought us Mystery Science Theater 3000. If you visit, and the weather’s nice, give yourself some time before the performance to have a drink on the open-air plaza.
Campbell Hall, Univ. of California Information
- Public Transportation: Good (a short walk from buses 11, 15X, 23, 24X, 25, 27, and 83 at the UCSB Bus Loop)
- Handicapped Accessibility: Good
- Performances/Programs: Wide variety of events and dates
- Ticket Prices: Ticket prices vary widely
- Subscriptions: Subscriptions for a 10%-20% savings are only available by phone, fax, mail, or in person.