Capital Rep is the only member of the League of Resident Theatres (LORT) within 14 counties of the Upper Hudson-Mohawk Valley. Among its many community-based initiatives, the company is committed to ensuring that every student in the region experiences live theatre before high school graduation.
Recent seasons at Capital Rep have embraced shows ranging from Shakespeare’s The Taming of the Shrew, David Mamet’s Boston Marriage, and Lynn Nottage’s Intimate Apparel to the musicals My Fair Lady, James Joyce’s The Dead, and Hank Williams: Lost Highway. The theater has won several honors, including two Kennedy Center New American Play Awards and two CBS/Dramatist Guild Awards.
Capital Repertory Theatre Information
- Public Transportation: Excellent (Buses 3, 6, 7, 8, 22, and 224 have a stop at the front of the theatre)
- Handicapped Accessibility: Good
- Performances/Programs: 7 shows per season with multiple performances of each
- Ticket Prices: Adults $35–$50; Seniors $32–$47; Teachers (w/ID) $30–$45; Students (w/ID) $16 with prices varying by date and seat selection
- Group Discounts: Group discounts are available (15-29 at 20%; 30 or more at 30%)
- Subscriptions: Subscriptions range from $152–$249 for adults and from $122–$219 for students, seniors, and teachers. Subscription options include Early Bird Preview/1st Thursday, Opening Night, Date Night Tuesdays, Wednesday Discussion Night, Wednesday Matinee/Tuesday–Friday Evenings, Behind-the-Scenes, Saturday/Sunday Matinee, Saturday Evening, Flex Pass, 6 Pack, and Girls Night Out