Since the founding of Cappella Romana in 1991, the vocal chamber ensemble has been presenting intriguing and historically informed programs that unite the Christian traditions of both Eastern and Western Europe. With rare concert performances of sacred Byzantine and Slavic vocal repertoire in their original languages, and cohesive programs such as “The Bodiless Powers: Angelic Song in Byzantine Chant” and “Arvo Pärt: Odes of Repentance,” Cappella Romana offers Pacific Northwest audiences distinctive music in an engaging yet educational manner, all while retaining the beauty and mysticism inherent in the compositions.
Cappella Romana Information
- Public Transportation: Depends on Venue
- Handicapped Accessible: Most venues accessible, contact venue management for details
- Performances/Programs: 4 per season plus various special events and tours.
- Ticket Prices: Range from $22 – $30, Seniors are $15. Special event prices vary
- Subscriptions: Available, contact for more details
- Membership: None, though donations are accepted and greatly appreciated