The Carolina Ballet Theatre was founded in 1972 and rapidly became a major contributor to the arts and cultural climate of the Greenville community and its environs. Currently directed by Hernan Justo and Anita Sun Pacylowski-Justo, the classical ballet company and contemporary performing arts organization offers performances, professional dance training, and community education and outreach programs to local youth.
A former leading dancer with the Teatro Colon in Buenos Aires, Ballet de Santiago in Chile, and Ballet Clasico de Camera in Venezuela, Justo and his wife, a former dancer with the Washington Ballet Company and North Carolina Dance Theater, have created a highly professional environment for their company members. With a repertory that includes original choreography such as the spicy ballet Bedeviled, CBT often invites guest dancers from the U.S. as well as Argentina to add extra excitement to their already captivating performances. (MK)
- Public Transportation: Good (a 5-minute walk from all Greenlink Transit buses at the Greenlink Transit Center on McBee Avenue and Richardson Street)
- Handicapped Accessibility:Good
- Performances/Programs: 3-4 with multiple performances of most
- Ticket Prices: $30–$50 depending on event
- Subscriptions: 3-show $90; 4-flex pass $100; 6-flex pass $150; and 8-flex pass $200
- Membership: Partner ($500); Preferred Partner ($1,000); Principal Partner ($2,500); Premiere Partner ($5,000); Dancer’s Circle ($10,000); Adopt a Dancer ($12,000). Depending on level, benefits include patron announcements and CBT updates recognition; playbill listing; private opening night reception; season tickets; backstage passes; and more.