(June 22 – July 22, 2012) A project of the Châteauville Foundation, which was founded by Lorin and Dietlinde Maazel, the Castleton Festival was initiated in 2009 to foster the development of and collaboration amongst young artists. This June/July opera festival features productions of such famous works as Puccini’s Il trittico conducted by Maestro Maazel himself. The Festival also offers the Castleton artists Training Program, or C.A.T.S., which includes lessons, coachings, master classes, language study, recital performances and more.
Castleton Festival Information
- Public Transportation: Poor
- Handicapped Accessibility: Good
- Performances/Programs: The festival typically includes about seven opera productions and four concert programs. There are also several additional concerts given during the Fall/Spring season
- Ticket Prices: Prices vary by concert/performance
- Benefit Levels: Friend, $1,000; Patron, $2,500; Benefactor, $5,000; Maestro’s Circle, $7,500; Festival Aficionado, $10,000. Depending on the level, benefits include tickets, dress rehearsal passes, private dinners, and more.